Note de ce sujet :
  • Moyenne : 0 (0 vote(s))
Color profiles, Mac and monitors: me rend fou!
Citation :I don't think we are talking about the same thing. The Eizo is hardware profiled and the color space for this Eizo is AdobeRGB. So obviously that is the color space you need to use for the display profile. It will restrict the gammut to AdobeRGB, send the data to the monitor which *is* profiled and can render 99% of AdobeRGB color space.

This is not how it works, the gamut of the screen is not characterizedby the Adobe RGB but by its own profile which if I believe the discussion of pixelus, exceeds the A98 on the three primaries. The representation given is in 2D, but one must take into account the volume and there, even my screens which are not of the quality of the Eizo exceed the A98 in volume of approximately 15%.
Constraining the gamut is practiced for input profiles, but not for output profiles.
In the hardware calibration process, ColorNavigator sends a linear "curve" into the graphic card and curves calculated in the internal screen Lut. Thus, what is recorded at the OS level must remain transparent.
Only Matteo will be able to test himself and tell us what he sees.

Pour pallier au fait que mon anglais est loin d'être parfait et pour Matteo qui nous indique que l'on peut lui répondre en français :
Ce n'est pas comme ça que ça fonctionne, le gamut de l'écran n'est pas caractérisé par l'Adobe RGB mais par son profil propre qui si j'en crois la discussion de pixelus, dépasse l'A98 sur les trois primaires. La représentation donnée est en 2D, mais il faut tenir compte du volume et là, même mes écrans qui ne sont pas de la qualité d' l'Eizo dépassent l'A98 en volume d'environ 15%.

Contraindre le gamut se pratique pour les profils d'entrée, mais pas pour les profils de sortie.
Dans le processus de calibrage hardware, ColorNavigator envoie une "courbe" linéaire dans la carte graphique et les courbes calculées dans la Lut interne de l'écran. Ainsi, ce qui est enregistré au niveau de l'OS doit rester transparent.
Seul Matteo pourra faire ses essais et nous dire ce qu'il voit.
Répondre

Messages dans ce sujet
RE: Color profiles, Mac and monitors: me rend fou! - par pascalG - 17-02-18, 16:35

Atteindre :

Utilisateur(s) parcourant ce sujet : 1 visiteur(s)